Identity



Dear Daughter of the Risen King,

         Heart break is the pits. We will all encounter it: from disappointments in school, work, family, friends or sometimes a boy. Sometimes it will feel like your world is crashing down around you; you don’t know which direction is up and which is down. You lose sight of yourself, your dreams, your very essence as you battle just to keep your head above the waves. Despair threatens to engulf you as problem after problem beats you down. It seems like the darkness will win, as if you will never find joy again.
Thankfully, we are not left to our own devices during these bouts of “mean reds” as Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) would say. Oh sweet friend, do not allow circumstances or the careless words and actions of another individual, the lies Satan wants you believe, define you. No one else, nothing else, has permission to tell you that you aren’t good enough, that you are anything then the daughter of the King, the great and powerful Creator.  
  David gives us this beautiful reminder in Psalm 139: 13-14, “For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.” You, my sister, are fearfully and wonderfully made, created with the purpose of bringing Glory to our Heavenly Father, whose love for you is greater than anything we can imagine. David continues his delight in the Lord and the intimacy share with our Creator in Psalm 139: 17-18 “How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— when I awake, I am still with you.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakeable Hips and Unshakeable Truths

Being the Light

Murphy's Law